Thursday, March 5, 2015

Trusting God with Small Stuff

At times life seems overwhelming. Things crowd in and fear grabs a hold of us. Admitting we’re not in control is too terrifying, because we don’t know or trust God. I don’t think any of us can face uncertainty without someone greater than us protecting us and defending us. It's just too scary. I have a friend who says, “I never bother God with the small stuff.” Which surprises me because I bother God about every little thing. My faith and trust in God wouldn't be as strong as it is today, if I hadn't asked Him to help me with the little things that happen every day. They may be little but they really matter to me. I think that’s how faith grows. When we trust God with the little things, then it’s easier to trust Him when the overwhelming happens. Those little things are where our faith in God grows, step by small step. Then when the bigger things come along, our faith does crumble from the weight of our fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment