Saturday, February 28, 2015

Seeds of Hope - Seeds of Change

Life doesn't have meaning unless you give it away.  It took me a long time to understand that.  I think that was why, at the end of pursing an acting career for 10 years, I was still empty inside, because I was living only for myself; for what I got out of it, and concerned only with what was in it for me.  But as I started to move closer to God,
life began to have a deeper meaning.  When I realized that God loved me personally, His love overflowed, and I wanted others to experience that same amazing love.  Slowly He was teaching me the joy of giving my life away.  Teaching me the happiness that comes from putting my abilities at the service of others.  This is what Seeds of Hope, the Felician Leadership Youth experience is all about.  Helping young people to find deeper meaning in leadership and in life.  Offering you a chance to experience what it means to lead by giving and serving.  A chance to know the deep joy that comes when, as a leader, you help others to discover their gifts, and then give their lives away.  This is what is means to plant seeds of hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment