Saturday, February 28, 2015

Dreaming for the World

For Lent the Felician Sisters were asked to reflect on our greatest hope and dream for the world, the Church, the Sisters and ourselves.  We were encouraged to dream big dreams.  So... I dream of a world where kindness is more sought after than money.  Can you imagine a world where giving is more important than accumulating?
A world where everyone is helped to discover their gifts.  Instead of working just to survive, we would be free use our talents and gifts to help others.  A world where all our energy and effort wouldn't be focused on generating more money, but working to be more human - the way that God intended.  I dream of a world set free of greed, where life is held more important than riches; where simple kindness isn't so difficult to give.  That’s why I struggle against my selfishness and selfcenteredness.  That’s why I take up my Cross, because I know this dream is only possible if God is first.  What dream do you have for the world?  What kind of world is your life building?

No comments:

Post a Comment